Hi, I heard in my gym some guys talking about a hormone called DHEA. It seamed very interesting, and I would like to know something about it. Can it be taken as a supplement?

Hi, I used Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) under the supervision of a physician, because of my insulin resistance. I had to be examined regularly, especially steroid and cholesterol levels, glucose tolerance, and prostate health. DHEA is a hormone that is very useful in medicine, but I don’t understand why is it available as a supplement. Doctors know very little about this hormone, and only because it has couple of benefits doesn’t mean that there couldn’t be some serious side effects. It will be used in medical purposes more often in the future. I am a sick man, and that’s why I agreed to try this hormone, but I don’t understand young people who are willing to risk their health for trying this “magic pill”. Men have higher levels of DHEA than woman, and younger people have higher levels than old people. It’s very interesting to me that DHEA is easily converted into estrogen and testosterone.