When we go into menapause and are 52 yrs old we look at what we've gone thru and realize that our bodies have changed. I went into menapause shortly after having my tubes tied at the age of 36. Now I'm 52 and and I realize I don't have the same urges for sex. Why do women change and men go back to being turned on all the time? I noticed that I don't have the urges as much as my husband. We get very touchy about our feelings and they don't even care. They just want more sex and we don't. Why is that true ?

Hormones play a role in our case. You shouldn’t have gone into menopause after tying your tubes because you only tied your tubes, you didn’t get rid of your ovaries. Ovaries are responsible for producing estrogen, this sex hormone that influences our sexual desire. Your estrogen production shouldn’t have impaired after tying your tubes because they remained healthy.
However, since you are 52 now, it is obvious that you are eother approaching or are already in the menopause. Menopause means that your ovaries no longer produce estrogen and this estrogen reduction causes all those negative menopausal effects like dry vagina, low sexual desire, hot flashes, insomnia, and all the other nasty side effects.
Men’s hormones decline as well but not as much as hours. However, some of the guys lose their sexual desire as well.
As for the feelings, I have learned about hormone oxitocyn that is being produced in women more than in men during sexual intercourse and is being produced during labor and breastfeeding. This hormone influences our feelings but not theirs-as much.
This is at least what I know about the subject. However, I am sure there is much more to it!