Hello! I happen to believe that a level of my testosterone is going down, and I don’t like that idea. I don’t think it is the right time. I am only 38. What I heard is that there are testerone injections that can be taken just like the girls take estrogen and progesterone. Does anybody know what this is all about??? Thanks heaps!!!

Syntetic testosterone has been used for a long time for those who suffer from hypogonadism ( natural lack of testosterone) but lately men have started taking these hormones in order to reverse the normal decline of the hormone called andropause just like you have heard. They can be injected or rubbed in as gel, but not taken orally like pill because they can be toxic to the liver in that way. But, don’t buy any products over the internet as they are not so reliable.

i do the injections about once a month also i take zinc about 50-76 mg per day that helps boost the level in the body ...

i have asked my doctor about testing for this. How do they test? Does it work? I have such a decreased sex drive, and generally am not near as aggressive as I used to be, in work, dealing with issues etc. I was on cymbalta for the past year and they say it is bad about causing loss of sex drive. Been off for a few weeks now and want to try the tesosterone test to see if it will help bring me back to life in this way.

Turng fifty sucks....

I am taking injections now how long does it take to work I have had one and has not done a thing I have been told by my dr. and blood test that my level is very low and have no desire for sex I am 43 answer please

My doctor advises two shots of hcg, one each day for the two days prior to the testosterone replacement. The third day is the testosterone injection. It is imperative that you get your levels tested, so the correct dosage can be prescribed. I understand the HCG help prevent " b***h Tits". The development of male memories is an undesirable effect of testosterone replacement. This is caused by an estrogen build up as a side effect of the testosterone injections. I have read that Saw Palmeto will help keep the estrogen levels down too. So see a Doctor to get it right. It is legal to do in the USA now.