i am 21 years old and i have been on depo shot for nearly four and a half years and have put on 2 stone. i was wondering whether coming off the depo might help get my metabolism going again and make it easier to lose weight.
i am eating more sensibly and exercising more but the weight isnt coming off. i do not have any periods whilst on the depo either, so this was another concern of mine as to whether it is healthy to go for no periods for so long. how long should it take to get periods to return after last shot? also there is a lot of speculation about the damage to bone density, at what age does your bone stop getting any denser? ie what age would the depo affect you in terms of bone density?
any info/help would be much appreciated, espec concentrated on the weight loss issue.
sam.

Hi Samantha, I don't think that depo has affected your metabolism as much but it has probably had an effect on your other hormones and caused some issues of weight gain that you're talking about. Going off it will help you I think, but you will have to wait for it to get out of your system first. When did you get your last shot?