Hello! My brother has pneumonia and he receives injections of penicillin every day. His doctor said his condition was rather serious and that we should take good care of him. He should rest; take more vitamins, healthy food and fluid. He had higher temperature yesterday and we gave him ibuprofen since we got it at home but I was not sure could he take penicillin and ibuprofen at the same time.

Hi! Well, pneumonia is serious and it is good you are concerned and think about your brother's health. As I am informed there was a study on rats. They were separated into two groups; one was treated only with penicillin and the other was treated with penicillin and ibuprofen. There were no differences at all. Ibuprofen is just contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to Ibuprofen and it should not be given to patients with asthma or allergies to other non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs.