I know Parkinson’s disease is both chronic and progressive disease. I have friend whose father has this problem. That is why I know chronic part of Parkinson’s disease is meaning it persists over a long period. In the same time progressive means, its symptoms grow worse over time. However, this is all I know about it, and I think it is not enough, so would like you to tell me more.

Because of Parkinson’s disease, some people become severely disabled, while others experience only minor motor disruptions. Tremor is the major symptom for some patients, while for others tremor is only a minor complaint. Beside this tremor, other symptoms are more troublesome to patients of Parkinson’s disease. No one can predict which symptoms will affect an individual patient, and the intensity of the symptoms varies from person to person as well. The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke conducts Parkinson’s disease research in laboratories at the National Institutes of Health. They also support additional research through grants to major medical institutions across the country. Current research programs funded how the disease progresses and to develop new drug therapies. Scientists looking for the cause of Parkinson’s disease continue to search for possible environmental factors. This study is searching for genetic factors to determine how defective genes play a role. In the same time, other scientists are working to develop new protective drugs that can delay, prevent, or reverse this disease. In some cases, surgery may be appropriate if Parkinson’s disease does not respond to drugs.