I have a friend who is experiencing tremor, and symptoms I was thinking to indicate Parkinson’s disease. Is not the tremor the main symptom for this Parkinson's disease? I would appreciate you to tell me more about this problem. Could you tell me which the main symptoms of Parkinson’s disease are?

Parkinson’s disease belongs to a group of conditions called motor system disorders. This is disease, which are the result of the loss of dopamine-producing brain cells. The four primary symptoms of Parkinson’s are tremor, or trembling in hands, arms, legs, jaw, and face. Common symptoms are rigidity, or stiffness of the limbs and trunk, such as bradykinesia, or slowness of movement, and postural instability, or impaired balance and coordination. As these symptoms become more pronounced, patients may have difficulty walking, talking, or completing other simple every day activities. Parkinson’s disease usually affects people over the age of 50, so you should tell me how old your friend is. Early symptoms of this disease are subtle and occur gradually, while in some people the disease progresses more quickly than in others. As the disease progresses, the shaking, or tremor, which affects the majority of these patients may begin to interfere with daily activities. Other symptoms may include depression and other emotional changes, difficulty in swallowing, chewing, and speaking. There is currently no blood or laboratory to diagnose Parkinson’s disease, therefore, the diagnosis is based on medical history and a neurological examination.

My uncle that I only met twice,the second time being at his funeral i found out that he had parkinsons.I need to know if this disease is carried down,heriditary? Please can someone let me know I have 4 kids of my own now,thankyou!

Parkinson's Disease is now believed to be more so caused by environmental factors and not as much hereditary as what they thought in the past. If more than one person in a family has Parkinson's it doesn't mean that it was hereditary it means that both of the people could have been subjected to the same type of environmental factors. For instance, welders have a high instance of having Parkinson's disease and if your dad did had a home business where he did lot's of welding while you were growing up and he developed Parkinson's Disease and you sat there and watched your dad welding all of the time and now years later you developed Parkinson's Disease it doesn't mean that it was hereditary, it's because you were both exposed to to same thing, the fumes given off from welding. I hope this eases your mind a little bit.