Hi, a friend of mine has a mother that suffers from a terrible condition. It is parkinson's disease. I do not know a lot about it, except that it produces shaking of the hands. This is what I have found out from seeing my friend's mother. She, my friend, has told me that the disease has something to do dopamine levels. What can you tell me about it?

Hi, Parkinson's disease is not to be taken lightly. It is a serious degenerative disorder of a central nervous system. Tremor, difficulties walking and problem in coordination are usual symptoms of this illness. In severe cases, the movement is completely disabled. Parkinson's disease occurs when the nerve cells located in the part of the brain responsible for movement is damaged. Parkinson's disease is a chronic progressive condition. This means that the destruction of the nerve cells is gradual. There are things that can lead to Parkinson's disease, but in other cases its cause is unknown. Normally, nerve cells in the brain use dopamine to help transfer signals. Because of the damage to the part of the brain responsible for the movement, a decreased production of dopamine occurs. This means that the dopamine levels are low. This is what your friend was talking about. I should also say that there is no cure for this condition but some medications can help in relieving the symptoms.

I am a doctor of naturopathy and practicing acupressure for many years in Kampala,Uganda,east Africa.i have helped some patients with Parkinson to regain quality of life,ease of movements and better normal life.if interested,you may contact me.
Dr.Powar