Hi, made an appointment with a neurologist, because I have symptoms like tremor and stiffness. I am afraid that it could be Parkinson disease. does anyone here knows something about this disease?

Parkinson disease is a chronic progressive movement disorder, which belongs to a group called motor system disorders. Symptoms are usually tremors and stiffness just like you said, but there are also slowness in movements, instability and trembling in arms, hands, legs, jaw and face. To diagnose you with Parkinson disease, a doctor would have to know your medical history and sent you to neurological examination. If you really have Parkinson disease, you will be probably given levodopa combined with carbidopa., because they’re the best treatment. However, there are other medicines like bromocriptine, pergolide, pramipexole, and ropinirole. In U.S. Food and Drug Administration has been approved a therapy called deep brain stimulation (DBS). If nothing helps you reduce the symptoms of Parkinson disease, there is always a surgery, but I don’t think it will be necessary. The prognosis are not so great, because this disease is both chronic and progressive. You can only give your best in reducing the symptoms.