Hello, I am 14 and have several questions regarding my penis. I am uncircumcised and about 5 inches erect. I have a tight foreskin and struggle to pull it back very far. I have read that you are supposed to be able to pull it back easily but I am worried because I can't. I don't know if I'm normal or not, I have never seen another penis my age before so I just assumed I was normal. I would post pics but I dont think you are allowed to here. How can I make my foreskin less tight?

I'm also unsure about how to wash my penis. I pull my foreskin back as far as possible and try to wash it but it stings very badly when I touch it. How can I clean it without the pain?

You are certainly normal. Most guys have a problem with the foreskin being tight when their penis begins to get larger at about your age. There may be a guy somewhere who came with a loose foreskin but most of us seem to have had to stretch it ourselves to get it loose and comfortable. It's really nice to have a foreskin that rolls up and down easily and comfortably when you are having sex so stretching it is a good thing to do. I stretched mine by inserting two fingers in the end while in the shower and spreading them. You need to do it as often as you can and for as long as you can each time. The skin doesn't stretch over night so it takes weeks or months to get it as loose as you want. Just keep at it until you are satisfied with it. You have plenty of time to work on it. Hopefully you will be around for quite a few years.

As far as washing goes, all you need to do is peel it back as far as you can and rinse it with water. Ideally you eventually want to be able to get it all the way back so you can clean behind the head and wash the whole inner foreskin.

It's normal for the glans to be very sensitive when exposed. The only way to reduce the sensitivity is by exposing it often and touching it as much as you can. Eventually it will become less sensitive.

Hi Footballfan14:

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. One can help it develop by stretching it.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.