I have been dealing with headaches in many ways but have always tried to avoid medicaments. This goes also for colds of all kinds and other light illnesses. But, I am 45 years old now and I just cannot do without medical help. So, I have been starting taking aspirin for both cold and headaches. A friend of mine told me that acetaminophen could also be very effective. Can you tell me something about pharmacophores of aspirin and acetaminophen?

Well, you are familiar with medical terms when you mention pharmacophores. Aspirin is used for treating various kinds of pain and aches. It also can be used to decrease the risk of getting a heart attack or some other heart disease. It is a NSAID type of drug that works by blocking the processes of inflammation in the body. As for acetaminophen, it does the similar thing as aspirin and have similar effects, but that is an analgesic and antipyretic.