Hi I am interested to know more about acetaminophen usage. My friend said that help him more then other analgesics. Does acetaminophen reduce a fever? I take once, my friend give to reduce fever. Acetaminophen reduced my fever.

Hi! I also use this drug because acetaminophen side effects are rare. Acetaminophen belongs to a class of drugs called analgesics (pain relievers) and antipyretics (fever reducers). It reduces fever through its action on the heat-regulating center of the brain. Specifically, it tells the center to lower the body's temperature when the temperature is elevated. Acetaminophen is used for the relief of fever as well as aches and pains associated with many conditions. Acetaminophen relieves pain in mild arthritis but has no effect on the underlying inflammation, redness and swelling of the joint. If the pain is not due to inflammation, acetaminophen is as effective as aspirin.