Hello! My mother is suffering of headaches. She always takes aspirin and she feels much better after that. I don't know if aspiring is good to be taken so often. I am not sure if this medicine is used for headaches at all. I heard it is usually used as a prevention of heart attack. Maybe my mother is taking the wrong medicine? Is aspirin good for headaches?

Hi! Well, Aspirin is one of the most used drugs for headache. It is usually used for treatment of mild and moderate pain of any kind and fever as well. Also, it is used as prevention for people who have increased risk of cardiovascular diseases or already suffer from such diseases. If your mother feels better after taking aspirin I can't see any problems. The problem is if headaches occur very often which could be the sigh that something serious is wrong. If this is the case she should visit her doctor as soon as possible.