I have one question about drugs. I am taking naproxen and hydrocodone together to relieve pelvic pain. My doctor prescribed me these medicaments. My dose is 500 mg of naproxen twice daily with 2.5mg of hydrocodone 4 times per day. I know that it's not good to mix these drugs and I'm afraid that 500mg of naproxen is too much for hydrocodone. I want to know something more about these medicaments. Thanks!

Hi! I also used to take that combination of drugs. They belong to different kind of medicaments. Hydrocodone is in a class of drugs called narcotic analgesics and it‘s a pain reliever. Naproxen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug and it relieves pain and decreases inflammation. They can use together for the short-term treatment of pain but only with your doctor's approval. He knows right dosage, don't worry about that.

Dude its not a soma so its not a muscle relaxer so know your info before posting

percocet is a narcotic naproxen is the same thing in aleve dont post what u dont know u could get someone killed    but that regiment is weak but a good starting point

Wrong-O. They are NOT the same thing, not even close. They also aren't muscle relaxers. You shouldn't be answering medical questions if you don't know what you're saying. Percocet, you don't spell well either, which can be dangerous in the line of medicine, anyways, its a narcotic analgesic. The Napraxen is a analgesic, but is a NSAID and not narcotic at all. It helps more with inflammations, if used at a higher dosage.

Totally incorrect. Disregard above post.

naproxen is NOT a muscle relaxer in the slightest sense even. Its in a class of COX-2 inhibitors. Perocets are narcotic, another class of pain reliever.

Naproxen is an over the counter nsaid pain rielever with a brand name of Aleve unless in a dose higher than 220mg. If dose higher that 220 a prescrition is required. Percocet in any dose is a narcotic because it has hydrocodone in it. Percocet is a higher class narcotic pain reliever than lortab or vicodan.

Yeah Naproxen is not a muscle relaxer, its an anti inflammatory. i can see how you would confuse the two as there similar in fixing muscles however a muscle relaxer does just that relax muscles while an anti inflammatory actually reduces the swelling and inflammation of the muscle   

Naproxen, trade name Aleve is an NSAID. Percocet is acetaminophen and oxycodone. Oxycodone is a narcotic. Acetaminophen is a pain reliever of a different category than NSAIDs and narcotics. They are not the same thing. They each have different toxicity profiles, different pain relief mechanisms/capabilities, and while the indication is "Pain" there are different causes of "pain" thus requiring medical judgment. Some need greater precautions than others.

I seriously don't know where you got (or get) your information from, but I REALLY hope that NO ONE actually takes what you have said seriously. As a 18D (Special Forces Medical Sergeant), I'm sure that any Doctor, Registered Nurse, Physician's Assistant, Pharmacist, and/or pretty much any other medical professional (that has any sense) will say..."you're an id**t".

That is nowhere close to being true. Your comment should be deleted for containing such false information. You clearly know nothing about drug interactions and classes.

Sorry that was directed toward the fool who said naproxen and hydrocodone were the same thing.

Yea you are silly they didnt say anything wrong im a nurse and naproxen is a anti inflamatory drug so you need to shut up about things that you know nothing about.... educate yourself.

Thank you for your very helpful info! And I so agree with you if u dnt knw just dnt comment and definitely know the correct spelling of these medications!