I've already posted before this, but could you post your experiences with your first BM? I was heavily constipated and just passed some hard little balls with very little pain, but saw some things in the toilet I wasn't expecting. Yes there was blood. Yes they were a purplish color, but what has me stumped is how it looked likes there are little flakes of what I can best describe as toilet paper looking stuff. Anybody else have this happen?

My first BM was a living nightmare.I hadn't gone for 5 days and on the 6th day after stool softeners and such all hell broke loose.I had as you just described and then boom..was like a plug broke and everything came out like mush.....Take some milk of magnesia it helped me or fibercon and drink lots of water with the fibercon when taking..The milk of magnesia and fiber con both safe to take ..Do not take anything that isnt stimulant free..I hope this helps....Once you get over going the rest gets better...Blessings solie(oh and if you have hard time with pain get in the tub it helps it(I know it sounds gross but when your in pain you try anything)

My first BM wasn't as bad as I'd expected. I'd been taking the stool softeners and FiberCon, so I was pretty sure it might be ok. I had no toilet paper looking stuff either. My Dr. put a plug in about 2 1/2 inches long and said it would come out with the first BM or in 5 days it would dissolve ... of course, I was hoping for the first BM. It came out sooner than the first BM and I'm glad I didn't pull on it. Not to be gross, but at the end of the plug was blood, so that may have collected the stuff you are talking about and I never saw it. My Dr. also said get in the tub and sit as much as you want because it has a relaxing, healing affect on your body.

I'm now off to the Dr. May 26 to see about my deflated hem that slides out ... wish me luck!

Well, now that the worst part is over (I hope) I'll give you some more background. Had surgery on 5/14. I ate everything I'd read from the recovery guide and took at least 5-8 colace a day,along with metamucil, and fish oil. Got so full that I couldn't cram one more thing in my stomach. So, called the doc on Monday, she said to take milk of magnesia as directed. Did. Waited six hours. Nada. Took another dose, nada. So I called her yesterday to ask what to do and she had me drink a bottle of magnesium citrate. So, I posted after I gave birth to the smallest dime sized poo ever at around 10 last night. Well, I've been up ever since and been in the bathtub (gave birth to four of the hardest poops ever) and then started the diarrhea. Now, it won't stop and burns SOOOOO bad!!! (Sorry to be so gross). So, needless to say I've been up almost 24 hours, am tired, my butt is sore and burning and now I'm afraid that I might have gotten another hem again. Please god, I hope not. I tried breathing through it, but the intestinal spasms made me feel like I was pushing even though I was breathing and trying not to. =(

Getting back to eating oatmeal, and stopped taking pain meds yesterday b/c that is what's clogging me up so bad. So yes, I went through all of that with no pain meds. Yikes!!) So, I'm just going to continue taking Ibuprofen every 8 hours and take my colace with it. Hopefully from here on out it won't be as bad as those first terribly hard poos. =(

Wow sounds like what happened to me and i decided thta i want my life and diet to be as normal as it was before so now it is day 13 and saw surgeon yesterday he said i have littel swelling and i am doing great....I take just one colace at 9pm at night and i do take prescribed Lovazza which is fish oil 2 in am 2 at night and also advil at least 2 a day....I stopped all fiber and drink alot of water and eat what i want to....I wake up and even before coffee i go normal..I go like 3 times but it is normal and soft but not balls or hard or diarrhea.I take at least 2 hot baths a day and i mean hot and a sitz bath....I wont be dependent on fiber tablets or laxatives unless i dont go on my own but i been great....This is a psychological thing to.I have not pushed....I stopped the pain meds as yes they do and did constipate me...Desitan is great to use if u feel itchy or get irritated from going alot....I had THD surgery for my hemmrhoids....They do not cut any tissue they use a doppler and seal off the arteries and the sucess rate is very high they don't come back....I am not 100 percent but it will be 2 weeks tommorrow and i think i am doing good.the best thing i ever did was stop that metumucil it gives u gas and just eat like i normally did just cut down and take the one stool softener.I think many people taking so much stuff they giving their bodies more problems but that is just my thought...Keep in touch ..Blessings solie and i pray all gets better for you

Thanks solie! So yours was terribly hard and painful the first time too? :'( What baffles me is that I was taking at least 5-8 colace a day, along with the metamucil, and fish oil. I've started eating "regular" today with a bowl of oatmeal and a 1/2 of a ham sandwich and nibbled on some carrots. Took my first colace of the day with it, but i'll start with your schedule tomorrow and try it out. Oh, I had the hem cut out with a scalpel and stiched. %-)

Well I am going normal now in am and thats all and taking just one colace and 2 fish oil in am 2 at night with water...I stopped the fiber and i feel great but i pulled my back out.I just went to get something out of machine and bam so now taking aleve and heat....I know this is happening because of my inactivity pass 2 weeks and now i am trying to be active and this...Tell you i wont forget May 2010....Ham sandwich now that sounds good.i lost 10 pounds from all this and i could use to lose the weight but not this way lol....Keep in touch of your recovery...Blessings solie(Today is day 14)