Hello, I am four days post hemorrhoidectomy and have been taking miralax, colace, mineral oil, and mom. Also drinking lots of water. Still no bm. What should I do?

Are you eating at least 5 small meals a day? If you aren't putting food in, nothing will come out. High fiber toast is good if your nauseas. Chicken, potatoes, cereal, and canned carrots are nice bland meals to begin with and are easy on your system. I waited 8 days to start building from that bland diet. I would try to stay away from dairy as much as possible the first 10 days post op. Try not to stress, if you are taking that many stool softeners/laxatives it will happen. I am 14 days post op, please let me know if I can provide any further info, as I have just gone through it.

Thank you for your help! But, yes I am eating plenty. Have been since day one but still nothing! I'm very scared that I may be getting an impaction.

Are you taking a muscle relaxer? The area is so sensitive and the surgery is so traumatic that it may be spasming or contracting too much to allow you to relax enough to let stool pass. The sitz baths (soaking at least 10mins in warm/hot water 4 times a day) also help to relax you enough to allow stool to pass. Light exercise may also help stimulate a BM, walking around didn't help me much, but walking up and down the stairs a couple times, or doing a small load of laundry, or washing kitchen counters helped give me the urge to go. I recommend calling your doc to see what he/she has to say, and for a little assurance.

Also drink tons of water, at least 64oz a day

When will the pain get better?!!! I'm up and been in hot bath still no relief and usually that helps!! I also had blood on my panties when I took them off to get in tub and it was fresh. I understand that is normal for most but it's the first time I've seen any blood and this is day five post op.

I have what feels like some very large stool stuck in my rectum and don't know what to do!!

The pain doesn't begin to get better until day 10, and then it gets slowly but surely gets better a bit each day. You really need to take something for pain. I tried to stop meds at day 15, but found out the hard way that they are still very necessary. "Piggybacking" Motrin and Tylenol (take 400mg Motrin, 4hrs later take 1000mg Tylenol, 4hrs later 400mg Motrin, 4hrs later 1000mg Tylenol, etc.) is effective pain management. The pain lessens as the wound heals, lie on a towel and allow the wound to air out as much as possible, this will speed up healing. The blood is par for the course. My doc said any more than a half cup of blood every few hours is cause for concern.

It takes some time for everything to come out because of the trauma the surgery causes. It is normal for it to take some time to empty your bowels. I had 2 BM's a day for a few days and then one day had 6! Keep eating high fiber diet, drinking tons of water, getting light exercise, multiple sitz baths, and keep up with the softeners/laxatives. If it's not better in a few days contact your doc.

Thank you jesSki

Your welcome Cat18, I hope you start feeling better soon.