i had the surgery on 12-3-2008, and i have to say i would not ever go thru this again. it has been pretty bad. today is 12-19-08 and im getting better, i actually mcdonlds for the first time since the surgery, cause i have been scared to pass that stool later on. the first 2 weeks r the worst. i was prescribed percocet and i was taking 2 every 4 hours, to make me kinda loopy and to not think so much about the agonizing pain. needless to say, if u r reading this, DO NOT take that many percocets. i messed up badly. the 2nd sunday after the surgery i got constipated and was the most pain of my life and i could not see the doc til the next day. i had 2 days worth of feces hollding in my colon, i tryed sitting on the toilet and had to push sooo hard i my body took over and started pushing for me and i could not stop. i thought i was gonna die and break all stitches back open. i could not sleep at all. if thios happens to u, go to the store and get a bottle of magnesium citrate, drink the whole thing really fast and go sit in the tub. in about 30 min, u will pass the biggest load of ur life!!!!! no lie. its like the angels from heaven were singing after that bm. and i also want to say, if hemmroids arent that bad for u, dont get this surgery done. its not worth it. i know ill be glad one day that i got it done, but omg, you will regret it!

You screwed up badly. Pain killers cause constipation, the more you take, the more constipated you'll end up. Pushing hard? That's what causes hemmoroids in the first place, stop pushing and eat the fibre IMO. You're right, it sucks for a few weeks, but I'd rather take the 2 weeks of pain than the years of feeling like c**p I suffered beforehand.

I am curious as my surgery is coming up...what was your pain level prior to surgery? You said if they aren't that bad you wouldn't do it (surgery). I hope you start to feel better real soon! :-( .....luvtowalk

Roid bearer is correct - pushing = creating the problem all over again. You must not strain.

If you can not move your bowels, then take AGAROL - it will move your bowels for you - take my word for it. I had my dose doubled while I was in hospital... and I went soon enough...

I had surgery for triple internal hemorrhoids on 10/31/08. My pain was around 6 to 9 , it fluctuated. I could not sleep at night and I had anal leakage. I had to have the surgery. I am almost 3 months post surgery and I am glad I had it but the recovery is far from over. At least I do not have anal leakage any more, that was horrible. Also, I can sleep much better provided I don't have to have a BM in the night, which creates lingering pain. Then I just take a Vicodin with a huge glass of water and go back to sleep. All in all the outcome for me is better that it was before but it is still an issue to have a BM>