Hello All,

This discussion forum had given me a lot of knowledge and information to overcome hemorrhoids and its killing pain.

My story starts when i was 12 years, I felt pain and irritations after every BM. I consulted my family doctor and he prescribed oilment and few tablets. I continued for few weeks and recovered. But i get this problem in some frequency and i continued the same prescription and some home remedies. After some years, I can feel a grape like muscle popout during BM. I had not taken that seriously. But i get that irritation problem in some frequency and i continued to take home remedies.

At the age of 24years, I found that i have hemorrhoids because i get blood with stool & grape sized muscle was grown to lemon sized and i started taking OTC medicines and afraid of surgery & pain. I changed my diet and nothing given permanent recovery. I am 35years now, suddenly last week i got un controlled pain, irritation & excess bleeding, i try to continue with home remedies but no recovery and day by day i was litterly i was dying in pain. After 22years,, i decided to consult a surgeon who is most experienced in my city. With quick physical examination he concluded that i have both internal & external hemorrhoids, I need to go with surgery. I prepared myself and family to go head with this surgery. 3 days back i was operated. I blankly went into surgery without knowing post operation issues. My surgeon was so kind and assured that i will be back to work in week time. He done stapled hemorrhoid surgery and to my surprise after given anesthesia in my spinal, I had not aware of small pain, once the surgery is over and surgeon informed me that i am OK now then only i understood that my surgery is over. I felt a burning smell of tissues during surgery twice (2 hemorrhoids removed) which is the procedure for stapled surgery.

No pain after surgery, I was under recovery room for 6hours, given liquid foods. After 6 hours i passed my urine. So they transferred me to general room. That night no sleep due to bloating and farting. I feel like BM but i can't. At last early morning next day, my first BM happened, only gas and liquid stool with little blood. Was under terrible pain due to swelling.  I got discharged and returned home same day. Last 3days, I take blank diet and still bloating and farting continues which confuses me as BM. Little blood leakage in bed when every i fart.

From today, no blood spots during farting. Still it confuse me as BM and do a little drops of liquid stool and gets severe irritation for 5minutes.

Will keep u all posted with my recovery experience soon.

What city did you get this done

Chennai, Tamilnadu, India

Nomaste? I had hemorrhoid and fissure surgery about 2 months ago everything went well except for incontinence. I have that now. Do you have any info on incontinence after this kind of surgery and if you have to worry about this. I live in the USA.

Hi "Guest", I'll chip in a little here if I may. I had a TST33 procedure done in Australia. The surgeon I had is quite an expert. He did say that the surgery is important to get right. That the "seal" in your butt is generally lower done than the internal roid. This means that if you can contain the procedure to above that line, you retain the seal. It may be that you have remaining skin tags, these can also compromise the seal you are able to achieve.