Hello All,
I've been reading these forums for the past few months while suffering in silence. I finally decided to have surgery this past Monday. I had an external hemmroid removed and a spinctertomy. So far, the pain isn't bad unless I have a BM (which is very thin at the moment) I've suffered from constipation most of my life. I am only 23 years old. Can anyone tell me if they had pain after removing fissure, and what was it like?

I am really glad to hear that you have undergone the surgery, and I can tell you that the pain will eventually fade, althoug hit will take at least a month for that to subside. Does anyone else have experiences they'd like to share?

I had a sphincterotomy also to repair some fissures. I had my surgery on October 29th 2009. I am on week 3 now after the surgery and still have some pain. Sometimes I feel sharp shooting pains and for the first couple of weeks it would hurt for a couple of hours after a BM. It is getting better as time goes by. My doctor put me on a steroid for 6 days to help with inflamation. This made me a little constipated which does not help with the pain and still get some bleeding. I am sure that it will take some time before all is back to normal. As with any surgery, every person is different and it takes some more time to heal than others.

I am sure it will all be worth it in long run.