For the last three years, I've been in treatment for depression, taking Zoloft. You probably know that antidepressants affect sex drive. This happened to me also.
Just the other day I have read something about some other antidepressants and theirs affect on sex drive and I didn’t find anything unusual accept the fact that some drug called Prozac is different. It supposedly affects positively on sex drive and that fact have interested me imidiately.
Any advices on that mater?

Well, I have also heard about so called, Prozac positive effect on sex drive. I did some research about it and listen what I have found out.
Antidepressants often cause sex problems such as erection impairment, loss of lubrication in women, loss of libido and difficulty reaching orgasm or loss of ability to have orgasm.
Only 10 percent of Prozac users noticed any sexual benefit probably because compared with the other antidepressants.
So, possible drug change could help you, but it is all up to you to decide what to do and to resolve- is this something you can rely on or nothing but the rumor.

hey gervasi
sorry to hear about your depression
im currently on prozac for depression, and have noticed that it prevents me ejaculating when having sex with my girlfriend
while it does mean that sex lasts for quite a while, it is a bit frustrating/bit of an anti-climax to not ejaculate at the end....
ive read this doesnt affect all people, and apparently it will pass as i get used to the prozac
however its a tad annoying at the moment!
obvoiusly the choice is yours, but i wouldnt take prozac for sexual benefits unless maybe you suffer premature ejaculation in which case it would probably be perfect
hope this helps
stew

hey yes i have found that it helps me sexually,if you have problems with getting nervous or anxious bowt sex,and increased my sex drive.delayed ejaculation 4 sure,im hoping that eventually that wears off though,sorry bowt poor grammer i don't care much for writing lol

cant do anything but agree here. been using prozac for5 years now for depression and mood disorder. Getting it up is no problem. What to do with it for the next half hour is the problem....lol. Kiddin aside the erections are more pronounced. The problem like you say is being able to seal the deal. I've gotten tired and sore anytime I've masturbated. Often without ejaculating and a couple times i've fallen asleep on myself....I guess the bird in the hand lesson fits well here.

hi
I've been taking Prozac for 3 years, 40mg per day, for depression. I guess it may depend on the reason a person is on it, but, I found it had a very big affect on my libido! not only unable to ejaculate via sex or masterbation but simply never turned on at all for weeks on end. It has gotten better in the last year but I still go through periods (weeks / months) where I have difficulty. And then for a few weeks I'm fine, hard, and itching to go! hehe. Of coarse these flucuating periods of libido may be due to mood change or perhaps a review of dose after 3 years, thats my 2 cents worth...........depression sux, but whats the alternative

do not use prozac it will definitely screw your sex life, it inhibits serotonine uptake so you wont be physiollogically able to have an orgasm or sexual appetie!

I have been on Prozac for about 8 months now and I have LOST some of my drive :(

Nope, prozac is the same way. I've only been on it for roughly two months and already have seen and enormous decline in sex drive.

I have been on Prozac for a year now and completely lost all the sex drive. I've never felt this way before and I know it's because of Prozac. Wouldn't recommend it but it does work for anxiety and depression. 

Been on 20mg and its a good balance I last longer and bust when i please

Thank you for this post. I dont know whether you are male or female but You have just encouraged me. I am only beginning to take prozac. I took my second dose today. I read that prozac causes negative sexual side effects and I was hesitant to even try it. I have been battling ED for a few years already and I cant take viagra, etc becuase i get an unbearable headache from it. So since taking the first dose of prozac I have had an itch that I just couldnt satisfy, I mean need for sexual release. Well I gave in to it this afternoon after my second dose, and had a powerful intensely satisfying orgasm. I hope this encourages someone. I know drugs dont affect everyone the same. For me, Im ready to continue prozac for a while and hope it helps in other ways. Thanks again... I am anxious to hear from others who have had positive sexual side effects using prozac.

I have taken 20mg for a few days and have noticed a big increase in my sex drive.

Hi Stew, i have this problem too. I am on fluoxetene and i am 18 years old. i Have been on 20mg of fluoxetene for nearly 3 years and still have these problems;Sometimes i am not able to react orgasm and i can also go kinda floppy half way through(not while inside her) Its really frustrating and my GF feels like shes bad at sex whens shes really not. Im not sure what to do, shall i try a new pill?!

Tom

I am a female in my late 20s. I was on Zoloft for over a year, on and off, and my sex drive severely suffered as a result. I started Prozac (20 mg) about 6 weeks ago and have already seen a big increase in my drive. No complaints here!