Hi! I’m diabetic and I’m taking insulin for four years. I’ve just started to use antidepressant Prozac to treat depression. My psychiatrist said that I can use Prozac and insulin at the same time, but that I need to consult with my doctor about right dosage of insulin. My dosage of prozac is 20mg per day. Is it ok for a diabetes patient?

Yes, I think that it’s ok dosage for you. I know that 20mg per day is the smallest dosage for treating depression. I use it for months. You should know that if you are taking insulin and Prozac together, you can get hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Because of that you should consult with your doctor about your insulin dosage.

keri wrote:

Get off the insulin. . .and get off the carbs. . . insulin resistance is a disease . . .diabetes is a symptom of that disease . .as well as depression, sleep apnea, heart attack, stroke . .and on and on. . . wake up!
go to mercola.com and type in "Insulin". . . click on insulin and its metabolic effects article. . .

there are two types of diabetes. One is a resistance to insulin and the other is the inability to produce it. She is taking insulin, probably meaning she can't make it or does not produce enough. Quit trying to tell someone what to do when you have no idea what is good for her.

type 1 diabetes is NOT a symptom of insulin resistance! don't give "advice" if you don't know what you're talking about. do some research into the DIFFERENCE between types 1 and 2, before making these general statements.