Hello peers,
I havebeentakiCymbaltafor ut a mth and a lf now, and it has really seemed to work rather well for my anxiety and depression along with pain control. The most negatve side effect I have gained from this drug is NOT the ability to have sex but rather the ability to ejaculate. I find it almost impossible to finish. My sex drive is there but my finishing stunt act is not. I am concernd of this as is my wife. Are there any other males suffering from this side effect..? Advice and or comments are open for disscusion with me.

Regards, Josh.

Cymbalta is known to cause ejaculation problems. These problems are usually delayed ejaculation or an inability to ejaculate.

In clinical studies where the side effects of Cymbalta were documented, delayed ejaculation was reported in up to 5 percent of men taking Cymbalta. This problem was most common in men taking Cymbalta for anxiety (5 percent) and less common in men taking Cymbalta for depression (3 percent). This problem was not reported in men taking Cymbalta for nerve pain.

If you develop sexual side effects while taking Cymbalta, make sure to talk with your doctor. There is treatment that he or she may be able to recommend. Depending on the severity of your sexual side effects, he or she may also recommend that you adjust your Cymbalta dosage, or try another medicine.

on Cymbalta and yep same issue. Its very frustrating, other anti depressants have caused the same problem. At least with other anitdepressants i was ejaculating even if it was after 60 to 70 mins of very vigorous stimulation. Now no ejaculation at all and that has lead to imflammation of the testicles. OUCH!!!

I have experienced a very bad headache when i'm finally getting to a climax. Bad enough on the left side of brain to make me stop in the middle of sex right before i'm ready to ejaculate.

Okay so I talked with my pcp and he prescribed my a drug called Cyproheptadine it is an antihisthamine. Strange huh..? But it sure does do the job now. So anyone taking Cymbalta if you are having this problem ask your doc about this, boy does it work. ;-)

Does taking Cymablta help your sex drive? I talked to my doctor about ED and he thought taking this may help with the anxiety associated with ED. He doesn't think I have any physical concerns about ED.

Thanks!

Yea, Have had the same problem with cymbalta, was able to get an erection, but could not ejaculate at all..no matter how much stimulation. Told my pcp about it and he said to take one Benadryle tablet 30 min before sex. It works great.

Cymbalta has caused delayed ejaculation for me ... however, the intensity of the orgasm has gone up significantly. In fact, the effects of orgasm tend to linger for up to an hour now afterwards ... definitely a feature, not a bug. Also, Cymbalta seems to have revved up my sex drive significantly.

I'm with a new girlfriend and the delayed ejacualtion is driving me crazy.  I get so tired, I just give up after 45 minutes or so.  I've gone off of it, but the issue is not only the depression, but the lower back pain.  So do I suffer with the low back pain and go off it or stay on it and not be able to ejaculate.  This is a big dilemma!!! 

same problem here. been on for 3weeks now--does it get any better over time? great drug--still sex drive-just cant get there! im at 40mg day

did u take Cyproheptadine instead of Cymbalta or with Cymbalta ?

i took cyproheptadine 2mg an hour before sex--seemed to help. Thats only half of the std 4 mg dose. I would start at 2mg and go to 4 next time and see if it makes a difference. My ejaculation problem in general has gotten better since my last post 2 months ago .I dont always use the cypro. Volume of ejaculate is much less then pre-cymbalta days. Im at 45 mg per day.

Although TheGeeze's response is over a year old, one point made was that Cymbalta had not been found to have this side effect in men with nerve pain. Well, meet ME! Cymbalta was prescribed for nerve pain, although I ought to be pressed after more than 5 years of suffering. Within a week of my first dosage of Cymbalta I could not ejaculate or even feel an orgasm. I will definitely see my doctor about this, now that I know so many others have the same side effect.

Hi there how old are you?

I was using Cymbalta and had always the need to have sex indeed, but having stopped it I ejaculate less actually but I do remember it was hard not to control the ejaculation...

Hi i have been on it for a week for back pain and have ejaculation problems. It like i am a few seconds from it but never happends