HI, I would like to know more about IUI, like in which cases is it adviced? I am diagnosed with cervical dysplasia, and my doctor mentioned me this IUI method being succesful in many cervical dysfunctions. How is IUI done?

An IUI -- intrauterine insemination -- is when othe rtreating options have failed or when physical damage of reproductive ducts (cervical dysplasia) is present. It is performed by threading a very thin flexible catheter through the cervix to enable injecting of sperm directly into the uterus. The whole process is not long, takes only a few minutes.The sample of sperm is collected through ejaculation into a sterile collection cup, or collection condoms for this purpose (Milex). It is mostly adviced to delivere semen within a half hour of ejaculation, so it should be taken at clinic. There is a delay between semen sample is washed and inseminated. Most clinic prefer to perform the IUI as soon after washing is completed as possible.