Hello, I am a 21 y/o male. Yesterday I was having sex with my girlfriend of 3 years, we used a trojan spermicidal lubricated condom Nothing out of the ordinary except that we normally dont use spermicidal lubricant but have in the past and everything was fine. Well during intercourse she had pulled back a bit too far and I came out of her, upon reinsertion she was pressing pretty hard against the tip of my penis while sort of sliding down her vagina for reinsertion. After the pressure I had a quick burning sensation and asked her to stop took a minute and the burning stopped. I thought everything was ok, I thought maybe some spermicidal lube got into my eurethra for a second and had slightly irritated it. Well I had to urinate so I went to the bathroom and when I began to urinate the SECOND the urine touched just inside the tip of my penis, where I had felt the burning minutes earlier, I felt probably the worst pain of my life. It literally dropped me to the ground. I thought wow I guess there still might be some lubricant in there so I tried to force myself to urinate to clear anything that could be remaining. It was excruciating it took me about 25 min to actually get anything more than a tiny dribble and it was terrible every time but I finally was able to urinate but the pain persisted the entire time. I hoped that everything was fine and that I would have cleared whatever was irritating it. Unfortunatly it has been over 24 hrs and the 4 times I have urinated since then have been just as excruciating pain and burning at the tip of my penis. Is it possible that damage was done to my eurethra? or is it just inflamed and will go away in a few days? Both my parter and I are STD free and I have never experiencerd anything like this in the 3 years we have been having sex. I appreciate any advice on the situation. Thank you for your time.

I am 19 and I experienced the exact same problem as you. You may not see this post because you posted yours so long ago. Your not alone, I threw the whole box of those horrid Trojan Extra Thin Spermicidal Lube condoms immediately after the excruciating pain passed. Forget Trojan, Durex are better !

Reading this post was kind of spooky, because other than the fact that we've been together for 2 years, your story happened to me word for word. i had to google this problem after it occurred to see if anyone else has experienced my pain. i didnt see any response to your question, but can you offer some hindsight? how long is this going to last? is there any good way to ease the pain? does drinking a lot of water help?

thanks,
frank

I had this problem last night and had trouble finding information to help:

So for anyone who stumbles upon this in pain, here is how i dealt with the problem.when i first noticed a slight burn/ warming i was near ejaculation,
i think the fact that I finished(came) may have helped clear out my urethra a bit.
However after sex, it did start burning much worse.
at times it felt as if I believe it would feel if i had a kidney stone.

Anyway. First of all, to help later, I would drink a good amount of water.
This will help your pee be less acidic when you do urinate.
if the spermicide has irritated the inside of your urethra, the level of acidity in your urination will definitely make it sting. alot.

Next. I got a water bottle with a squirt nozzle, filled it up with clean tap water. and began drizzling it into my penis hole. this should help with cleansing the inside of your urethra. Since water is nuetral, it shouldnt burn at all. I used cold water and it was actually very comforting.

After a while of drizzling. i dont know whether to recommend this or not because i dont know of any issues that may arise from it:
but i put the tip of the water bottle to the tip of my shaft and squirted water directly into my urethra to make sure that the water was cleansing all the way down into it and not just the first half inch..

I believe this may have also put more water into my bladder area which helped reduce the acidity of existing pee, and speed up the process of making me have to urinate ( I had went before sex so i had nothing left)

eventually after much water squirting and drizzling, i felt the urge to urinate. I had already read this guys first post so i was prepared for the worst. i had a sock to chomp to help cope with pain.

I began to let it flow and alas... it didnt hurt, apparently my cleansing and water drinking had done the trick.
My Penis does not hurt at all today and its all well and good.

If you cannot pee at all or if your penis begins to swell then i would definitely seek medical attention. However from my experience of last night, I would say this is something that will freak you out and make your penis hurt real bad. but nothing serious to worry about. Your penis
is not made to have chemicals inside of it.

I hope this helps some unlucky person who was unfortunate enough
to buy into the Trojan Spermicidals.

its the ultra thin spermicidal lubricants hurt the male BIG TIME,
never ever buy them, I'm having a horrible experience right now

man i wish I read this 2 days ago. I had this box of the same trojan ultra thin spermicidal and it feels like im pissing hot fire. What the F* there should be a recall on these condoms from hell!!

Im having the same freaking problem. I used it in the past but never bothered me. I put the condom on Monday night and it burned for a second. Anyways I had sex took it off everything was fine. Went to the bathroom to urinate and it burned. Its been burning ever since when I urinate. I threw them out. I used the extend pleasure from trojan..

This is a reaction that i have been seeing in the emergency room lately. It has always been related to sex w/ trojan condoms with spermicidal lubricant. The pain should last less than 24 hours. If you experience pain when using these condoms, i would suggest either using condoms w/o spermicidal lubricant or switching to lifestyles or durex w/ spermicide. You should know that this is not an uncommon problem.

If the pain lasts longer than 48 hours and/or is accompanied by a thich discharge or pain beyond the tip of the penis, go seek professional help.

I really wish I had read this before last night. So far my penis feels like its on fire! How many days has it taken others to get over this?

Just for the record, I've had the same experiences (multiple times) with different types Trojan Spermicidal condoms. What's weird is that it happens only sometimes, maybe 1 in 4 times I have sex. I think our sexual position & the amount of pressure have something to do with it. If it happens, I just try to go to sleep without peeing. The longer I waited without peeing, the easier it was to pee the next time. But that's just me.

I am going through this problem right now and it is definitely painful. Can anyone suggest anything else as to how I can relieve the pain? Does drinking water really help to speed up the process of getting through this? And how long does the pain typically last? I can not believe a company would produce such a horrible product that can cause such pain. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

I just went through this a few days ago.

I just went through this a few days ago. Needless to say, it was extremely painful. This was the first time I have used the Trojan ultrathin condom with spermicidal lubricant. Never again!!!

I was having sex with my girlfriend, and the burning began just before ejaculation. About ten minutes after we had intercourse, I excused myself to the bathroom where I attempted to urinate. As the stream began to pass through the head of my penis, I felt an extreme burning sensation and almost dropped to the floor. The pain was very excruciating. After spending some time enduring the pain so I could empty my bladder as much as possible, I got online and began researching reactions to spermicide, since I am otherwise very healthy and thought this might be the culprit.

I eventually stumbled upon this thread and found some comfort in knowing that I was not the only victim of such an occurrence. I am writing this message hoping that I can provide more insight for others who end up going through the same unfortunate event.

First of all, it appears that some people have an allergic reaction to a chemical in spermicide called nonoxynol-9 (N-9). Unfortunately, the only way of knowing this (as far as I am aware thus far) is by actually experiencing the reaction. When the condom is on, some spermicide can seep into the eurethra (the tube that connects the urinary bladder to the outside of the body through the male penis) through the opening in the head of the penis. Once inside the eurethra, the N-9 irritates the tissue and the agony begins.

I see some people advise drinking water, as I did, but the thought of knowing that I would eventually have to urinate was not exactly appealing. Here's how it played out.......

The first 24 hours were the worst. It was most painful for the first 12 hours, and then there was a gradual decrease in pain up to the 24 hour point. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being most painful), the initial pain was definitely a 10. It remained this way for almost 12 hours, where it decreased to an 8 or 9. At the 24 hour point, the pain lowered to about a 6 or 7. At 36 hours, it was around a 3. Finally, at the 48 hour point, the pain was almost nonexistent. I believe the pain will vary with each individual and probably depends on how much N-9 got into the eurethra, as well as how far inside. So hang in there. It does go away and your penis returns to normal. Unfortunately you just have to endure it. When urinating, I found that biting into a towel, while tensing up the muscles in my body helped me deal with the pain. I only drank water for 48 hours in order to help reduce the acidity level in my urine. I don't know if it helped, but I don't think it hurt.

The fact that this product is on the market is absurd. I am going to contact the company who makes these condoms and see if I can talk with someone about the issue. Church and Dwight (churchdwight.com) is the parent company of Trojan. I am also going to try and see if I can contact the FDA or some other "watchdog" organization in order to see if anything can be done to prevent this from happening to others. I searched the box, and the only warning concerning allergic reactions is written inside the box. So how are we supposed to be warned unless we actually buy the product, and then read the inside of the box? This is absolutely ridiculous! I only hope this painful experience helps others. For what it's worth, don't ever use Trojan ultrathin condoms with spermicidal lubricant. I've used the regular trojan ultrathin lubricated with no problems. It's definitely the N-9 in the spermicide that causes the irritation.

I must state that I am not in the medical field. I just felt the need to share my experience with the hope that others may benefit. I plan to follow up on this with more information after I attempt to contact the condom manufacturer. For now, I wish everyone the best. Hope this helps.

Man, It is excruciating..ive been dealing with it for about 2 hours.. i drank lots of water and just waited it out..i peed a little longer the second time rather than just a drizzle here and there.

it hurts so much i wish it would stop

ditto on the ridiculous pain. but for me there was no condom (married) but my wife used a new spermicidal jelly she got. never again dude...never again. it's like i'm trying to piss out a needle. sideways.