I did ivf and now I’m waiting. I hope that symptoms I have are not pre-menstrual. What can you tell me about ivf and symptoms in first week of pregnancy? These fertility medications make me feel already pregnant. Should I expect symptoms in the first week?

The first sign may be elevated basal temperature. You may feel cramps, like you are about to get a period. Your breasts may get sore and tender; you may feel tired and dizzy…Check your hcg, that’s the best way find out. Wish you luck.

graciano wrote:

I just completed my second round of ivf. I am really nervous that I am not injecting the progesterone in the correct spot. I just keep second guessing myself. So I injected into my thigh.That really hurt. I am going by the diagram they gave me. It is probably just in my head. With ivf failing once before I just have this in the back of my head that maybe it was something I did wrong. I am on day three since the implant I have not had any symptoms yet, just tring to stay busy for the next 10 days is hard. well good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

HI ,

i am undergone IVF and is on 11th day after ET ( Embryo Transfer )

Having a lot of water discharge .... Is this a good sign?

I am on day 4 after transfer and the wait is unbearable. Today I woke up with cramps that has doubled me over and I'm wondering if I lost the fertilized eggs. The IVF center gives no information at all. Is this a sign of losing the potential pregnancy?

To have cramps is normal.as long as there is no bleeding or spotting.

If there is any of these signs,you should consult your Doc ASAP.

I have very bad cramps that I cried and my hubby called the fertility clinic and spoke to the nurse.

The nurse said it was normal and as long as there is no bleeding or there is pain continuously for the next 1-2 hours..

I hope this info helps.

hi i am a week in after haveing the eggs put in. not quite like your pregnacy i am a surracute i will be having the baby / babys for somone who has had trubble having a child and realy wants one.

my breasts have been so painful i feel like im carrying bricks around and at night the pain when i move is terrable.

i really want to help this cupple. this waiting is getting to us all

ive met a few people by doing this and it seams that the people that realy deserve to have a baby are having a lot of trubble and then the people who dont realy want or deserve such a gift are popping them out

i wish you all the best luck

I am on day seven after implantation and i've had some cramps in the last couple of days. Yesterday I cried for about 45 minutes, then I was fine. and today (day7) i have light spotting. my breasts feel tender, but they have been that way since I started the medicine cycle. I am 42 and I had three embyos implanted on day three of fertilization. the eggs I used are donor eggs. I have another week before my hcg test and I'm an emotional wreck. This is my 3rd try at in-vitro. Twice with my own eggs and this time with donor eggs. Is anthing that I'm experiencing pregnancy symptoms. Will a home pregnancy test be accurate at this point. HELP

I am on day 9 after egg transfer. I coped really well with the stimulation, but since the egg transfer I am so stressed. I cry all the time, I am starting arguments about everything with my poor husband...I am out of control. One minute I am really exited about the prospect of being pregnant and the next I just feel helpless because I don't know if the process has worked...I just want to run out and get a pregnancy test.

I have no symptoms - no breast tenderness, no cramping...that scares me because I thought that my breast would be tender if I was pregnant.

As much as it pains me to read about all of you stressing out & worried sick about your cycle s7 tests, I ahv to admit it's nice to know I'm not alone! I've done in vitro 3 times, but attempted it a total of 6 times (my body would reject the meds to my cycle was canceled & then another time I got OHSS really bad). Anyway, I started with cramps 3 days after the transfer (3 frozen embryos) & then a some mild cramps a few days later. Never really had sore breasts until this morning (just a little tender) but the cramps yesterday were really bad & lasted a while, don't know if that's good or bad but it's enough to drive me crazy! I too am an emotional wreck...my poor husband, I don' tknow how he does it! Well, good luck to you all. I take my pg test at the dr office Monday---it couldn't come sooner!

Hi
Like you all, I am on the 12 day wait to find out whether my 2nd ivf cycle has worked or not, and it is definitely the worst part of the whole process because there's no way of knowing for sure if the embryo has implanted or not until a pregnancy test. What really gets me is that the progesterone pessaries give me all these pregnancy-ish symptoms and I'm still swollen anyway from the egg collection, so I seesaw between thinking it must have worked and wondering if it's just the medication. I am hoping like you that the mild cramps I'm having are implantation cramps where the embryo burrows into the womb.......Wishing all of you a positive test and er- try not to think about it too much and do something relaxing. Easy to say, I know but the wait can really mess with you!
all the best. :-)

I took my pregnancy test at the doctor's office this morning. It's been 14 days since my day 3 transfer. I am now just waiting for the results to come this afternoon and I'm an emotional mess. Every thought I have is consumed by whether I am pregnant or not pregnant. The first week post IVF, I was dizzy and a little nauseous and my breasts were tender. This week, the dizziness and nausea have subsided, but my breasts are tender and I have cramping. This is our first IVF cycle and I had 4 embroys transferred. Wish me luck and I'll be happy to share my results once I learn them. I know how treacherous the waiting is and the constant wonder of what's happening.

This is my 4th time using donor embrios. From start of medications breast get sore. After transfer have sharp pains in belly button, moody, pee a lot but nothing else. I take my pregnancy test this Friday on day 8. Worried that it may be too early but they know best. Wish me luck. Had 3 early blastocyst embrios implanted last Thursday.

I have had icsi, with a two egg transfer last thursday. I cant stay awake, is it normal to be this tired? i feel so wiped out. Also the lady above is having a pregnancy test on day 8 (GOOD LUCK!!!) does this work? I was told I had to wait fourteen days? Would it work if I tried on day eight? It's my first time and I feel like I dont know anything. The waiting is horrid.

Hey All,
I have been freaking out i'm on my day 3 post embryo transfer the only symptoms are mild nausea and at night some abdomen pain. I have to confess yesterday i took a pregnancy test and it cameout negative so today i'm in a bad mood . I should of known not to but the wait is killing me now all i can think is maybe it didn't work . Please ladies keep me in your prayers as i will do for you guys . We have been waiting to have a baby for 5 years and this is my first cycle i'm 26years old. Any idea lady's to keep me sane please don't hesitate.