Okay I have been looking around all over and found something similar over in the woman's health section but it hasnt been active for awhile and I figure MAYBE if I post it in this area I might be able to get an answer, this problem has been going on since the 1st of Nov. I went to the doctor later that day it happened and she thought Kidney Stones so I got a CT and kidney stones did show up but after talking to the Doc at the ER two weeks later he said finding the Stones was a complete accident, meaning were they are, they wont cause problems mainly for how small they are to. Well then the doctor starts to think Prosatitits, so she put me on a 30 day script for Doxycycline... nothing changed, she then put me on Ciprofloxacin, I only have a few days left and nothing has changed. I'm suppose to see the specialist next week, but I'm afraid there not going to find anything, I hope maybe someone might have an answer to why this may be happening.

The only time you see clots/blood is after sex?

I'm thinking infection as well but the antibiotics should have helped.

You may have an injury to your prostate. How old are you? Did they do a PSA screening?

Please see the specialist. We can only assume information over the internet and a proper diagnosis requires evaluating the patient.

I'm 21, they have done countless blood and urine tests, eveything comes back saying I'm healthy as a horse, I'm suppose to go see the Urologoist on the 22nd so they can do an IVP and scope me, they are debating about another CT scan and ultra sound.

Good, they're ruled out obvious issues with the CT scan and ultrasound.

The IVP may be of some value but I'm betting that the scope will find the source of the problem.

Keep us posted. It sounds as though you are in the hands of a competent medical team.

Well after going to the specialist and getting an IVP and a cytoscopy, nothings wrong, but yet I still seem to have blood and blood clots, not to mention the pain in my side and back are still there, unexplainable also, and doctor refused to give me anything stronger than Naproxen for pain.

Sorry to hear that. What is your next step?

Are they still considering a possible kidney stone?

A lot of doctors are very cautious with narcotics for pain control. It's one thing if there is a clear cause but they are very reluctant to prescribe now for a variety of reasons.

Keep us posted.

A thought crossed my mind earlier today, what if the source of the problem is either testicular OR maybe higher up, such as the Liver? I know it wouldn't fit the situation of after sexual activity to well, but the morning I had to go to the ER to get a catheter I had no sexual activity, I came home from work, sat down had a stiff drink, went to urinate and a small clot and a small amount of blood came out, then when I went again a little later came out normal then started a little bloody and went back to normal, but I only had 2 drinks that night... I don't know just an idear.

Is it just happening when you drink? What kind of stiff drink?

If you're passing clots when urinating then it most likely would be in the urinary tract. While it might be testicular, it would be more likely to be prostate. It could still be a prostate infection of some sort.

If it was the liver, there is no direct route to the bladder.

Passing clots is typical of a kidney stone but I'm at a loss as to why it happens only after sex unless it is as a result of the physical activity.

Hi Guys, I am having the same problem I am passing urine and blood clots after sexual activity.... I am seeing a specialist on Tuesday and hopefully start the diagnose.... Any idea's what this could be..... Im only 26 and problem started at 24 but never had it looked in to, instead put off intercourse (weird hey)..... but does not happen after masturbation only after movement when have an erection....... bit embarrasing prob but any advise would be most appreciated....

sorry but forgot to loggin before... I am having the same problem I am passing urine and blood clots after sexual activity.... I am seeing a specialist on Tuesday and hopefully start the diagnose.... Any idea's what this could be..... Im only 26 and problem started at 24 but never had it looked in to, instead put off intercourse (weird hey)..... but does not happen after masturbation only after movement when have an erection....... bit embarrasing prob but any advise would be most appreciated.....

@ medic-dan: Well I put it to the test, when I mean stiff drinks I mean like whiskey or rum straight or mixed with something like a little coke, but like I said I put it to the test and no blood or clots, I havent tried having sex or masturbating to see if I still have the problem I think I'm gunna give a few extra days just incase it might be a weak or damaged blood vessel. When I do test to see if I still have the problem I'm gunna do my best to pay close attention to whats going on and if its still happening, my thoughts may be leaning toward something testicular. When I saw the urologist, he said everything looked fine, had my prostate checked the other day for a check up apt on the situation and doc said it feels normal.

@ ramn: good luck buddy, I went through several tests, countless blood tests, urine tests, was even able to catch a dirty blood sample meaning a sample with blood and a clot in it, a cytoscopy, IVP ( when they inject ink into your blood stream and take X-rays of a specific region to look for abnormalities) and every thing is coming back saying I'm healthy as a horse.

But when it came down to activity, it didnt matter if I masturbated or had sex, it would still happen. Positive thing is, the pain in my left side and lower back has gone away, only back problems I'm having is an old football injury in my middle right side of my back. But please update and tell us what the doctor had to say.

Something occurred to me a few hours ago, what kind of effect can Narcotic Pain Killers have on the prostate? I noticed a few hours ago when I went to use the bathroom, starting the stream was a little difficult compared to the other day when I hadnt taken any pain killers, but I was able to fully empty my bladder, I had taken about 20mg total through the day of Oxycodone. I do not abuse the medication but had a thought of what would be the possibility it could some how be linked to the initial problem. I've known plenty of people who take pain killers like Oxycodone, Vicodin, etc.. and never had the problem. Also noted I have been taking Oxycodone on and off for a good three years now, never a constant period of time or long period of time taking it to the point where it could become addictive or habit forming. I know it sounds kinda odd the idea that came up, specially when back in Nov. is when the blood/blood clot in the urine first started to happen. Other than that I don't use any drugs, I smoke, but I don't smoke weed. I just figured I'd throw that out there for ideas to get bounced around.

Just thought I would give one more update, me and the g/f fooled around tonight to see if my problem had gone away, and well... it turns out there was ALOT of blood in my semen, there was no pain except for a dull aching pain in my testicles, and a dull aching pain in my left and right sides along with a bit of an upset stomach, then when I went to urinate... came out clear as the water I had been drinking, only two really tiny clots came out and no blood what so ever. So I am starting to think that either A: The problem is getting better in some way or B: there is something wrong with my boys and they are the main cause behind everything.

Hi, thought i'd share what doc said today. He said bladder looks fine in brief scan. He has asked me to do diagnostic cystoscopy, is there any side effect and does it hurt. It will be done under local anaesthetic, not looking forward to this.........

Thanks for the update, I don't blame you for not looking forward to it, but good luck and best of wishes