Hello. I'm 22 year old male and I have some important questions. You see, they are about my best friend. Just recently she has admitted to me that she suffers from some Chlamydia infection and since then- I can't stop thinking on it.
You see, I know that she isn’t sexually active and I was just wondering how she could get it.
I really don’t know anything about these Chlamydia infections beside that they are sexually transmitted. Is there any other way for me to get this infection if I continue to hang around with her?
Please if someone knows more about this- feel free to write me about it.

Hi. I have just read your post and decided to help you because I know some important facts about this infection.
First, you don’t know your friend that good as you think. There is no way she could develop this infection if she isn’t sexually active. So, if she told you the truth about the infection- she is definitely sexually active because it is most common sexually transmitted disease. Chlamydia can be only passed during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. Trust me- if you don’t end up in bed with her there is now way you could develop this Chlamydia infection. Anyway, the most common symptoms are burning sensation when urinating, lower abdominal pain, nausea, fever and pain during sex.

maisano wrote:

hi i dont know if u will ever read this but u can also get chlamidia from the mother transmitted to the womb idk if thats ur case or not but if thats not the case yes the only other way to get it is sex from all the stuff ive read and docters told me and u can get rid of it its totally treatable just go to the docter and he will give her some antibiotics cus if its not treated in time in can do reproductive damage so tell ur friend to go to the docter hope i have helped u

Firstly there are definately other ways people can get chlamydia. I know this as i have been recently diagnosed with it. Ive been in a 5 year completely monogamous relationship and my fiance definately doesnt have it.
I found out recently that most birds carry chlamydia at some point in their lives and i happen to have a pet parrot. Symptoms vary depending on the strain of the bacteria etc but its generally flu like symptoms in humans that can turn into full blown pneumonia and effect your lower regions aswel. Thankfully if caught early its just a case of antibiotics and it will be history.

So the fact is that you can definitely get the infection in more than one way even if its as simple as being in a pet shop when your emume system is low, it can happen.

There are other ways you can get it too not just through sex. I use to work at an OBGYN office. Chlamydia can be contracted by bacteria. You can be wiping your self the wrong way (back to front is the wrong way) for a while and get it (front to back is the right way). you could also wear tight clothing to where the vagina can't breath which causes sweat and odor that can turn into harmful bacteria too. Men that do not pull the skin from the tip of the penis can have fungus growing underneath the foreskin and have sex with you and that means your bacteria and his are mixing together. That can make new branch of bacteria. So yes you can get it other ways. I had a friend that contracted it in his eye from not washing his hands after using the restroom and at first thought i was pink eye. a week later they went to the hospital and found out it was chlamydia in the eye and almost lost his eye and went a little blind till. he wasnt having any kind of sex nothing. but he did have rectal bleeding so that bacteria from the rectum that got on his hands that he rubbed his eye with caused chlamydia. When you go to the doctor if you think you have it they will have a female lay on the table and do a procedure almost like a pap but they stick a beak object into the vagina and take a internal photo to make sure its not harming the ovaries and to make sure it hasnt turned into gonnarhea. then they will give you a shot in your back a little bit above the butt cheek and have you take a pill. then they will see if you have a reaction to the medication. after that they will give you a percription of pills that should look orange. they will have you take them to clean out any infection or infections you have. Then they will mail the test to the lab and let you know in about a week if you have it. they do the same with the guys they take a long tube and run it throught the tube of the penis (urinary tract) to take samples for the lab. The reason why some hospitals treat you there is cuz if you dont have it they just want to make sure you werent exposed to it. You can not have sex till you finished the treatment same with your partner if you have one.

im so sick of people saying you have to have sex with other people to get chlamydia. I have been in a relationship for almost eight years and just recently told that I tested positive for chlamydia. everyone is looking at me like im a **** and I am not and I know my husband is not either it obviously has to start from somewhere and Im positive neither of us messed around so maybe someone needs to do a little more research in stead of blaming people for being unfaithful cause it just causes frustration. I also have two children 8 and 2 and never tested positive before. but if anyone knew me or my husband you would know we would never be unfaithful. im so irritated cause of this and im not going down looking like a**** when I know im not >:(

(b)These are the THE FOUR WAYS TO GET CHLAMYDIA

1. Yes you can get from a toilet seat and also 2. "If you wipe the wrong way" that means from back to front. the right ways is front ot back.

3. OR when having anal sex. Our butts have bacteria that are harmful to the vagina. That is why they are SEPARATE. we do one thing from one side or the other.

4. The sexual way is the most common and there is a lot of promiscuous people out there, so they want to drop us all in the same sack. The sexual way is the most common, that is why people repeat it like idiots but IS NOT THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN CATCH IT. Wash your hands well after the toilet, use a napkin to open the door (some people do no wash their hands) And ALWAYS wash or desinfect your hands before you eat.

We come in contact with so many people and some simply do not wash their hands. I know I never cheated on my husband and I got it, 13 years of happy marriage. I confronted him and I ask him to go with her, that it was over! He said there was nobody else "That he is in this marriage because he wants to be and that he is happy"

He went to the clinic and told them off, and said "I know I have never cheated on my wife and she has not either". So get the facts straight! and better to ask a GOOD SPECIALIST.

hey... I just found out that my friend had Chlamydia today. I have an question. Can you get this infection from wearing old clothing that wasnt washed. say bajamas. Im really worried. She told me she washed the cloths and then she told me she didnt. So i was wondering can you catch this infection threw those causes. Im truely worried. Im 5 months pregnant and i would hate to lose my child over this infection. %-) %-) %-) %-) :'( :'( :'( ? ? ? ? ?

you can definately get chlaydia from not having sex, i have and i know my partner hasnt slept with anyone else. its caused real bad upset with us because, yes you immediately think theyve been unfaithful. but thats not always the case as iv found out to my loss. so please think long and hard about it before you accuse someone of being unfaithful.

There apparently are people on this forum answering questions who are not qualified to do so. I am an MD, and I have been a physician for the past 15 years. Only way chlamydia can be contracted is through oral, anal, or vaginal sex. There is a reason it is classified as a Sexually Transmited Disease. You can not get chlamydia from a toilet seat, wiping the wrong way, or anything else for that matter, short of sexual contact. XDJosa, I am not sure what you did when you worked at an OBGYN office, but from your information and the way of writing, I can clearly see that it wasn't anything medical related. I am sorry to break it down for some of these women that got emotional about the issue, like the lady who claimed that there are four ways to get chlamydia above, but the truth is if you were clean and haven't cheated on your husband, he definitely got it from someone and passed it on to you. Now granted, there may be a possibility that he may have been infected for years and not known about it, as chlamydia is classified as a silent disease, meaning that most people that are infected may not show any symptoms. The only way to be certain is to get tested on a regular basis, and especially before you are planning on getting pregnant, as such infections can cause a plethora of problems during gestation. Untreated in adults, it can cause severe problems down the road including sterility. The good news is that unlike HIV, Herpes simplex type I and II, and genital HPV, chlamydia can be cured with a simple antibiotic. Please get tested regularly and always use protection when having intercourse, and try to avoid intercourse with stangers. Chlamydia is the most common STD. Like I tell all my patients who contracted chlamydia, consider yourself lucky and take this as a warning sign. It could have been HIV!

:-( Hey my name is Kat I have recently been accused of sleeping around on my almost one year relationship.. I have not cheatted on him and wasn't planning on it.... I started feeling stomach pain and went to the doctor... and was diagnosed with chlamidya ......I know my boyfriend woulnt cheat on me either so Im guessing its from my past boyfriend Rob sence I caught him cheatting on me ..... I believe I didn't get the symptoms till I guess 8-9 months after being with him .........

one  more thing... I also believe that this kind of bacterial infection can be caused by toys!.. I like to play and I think that maybe i didnt do such a great job sanatizing my objects !

ok mr./ms. MD.....why is MRSA now considered an STD even though you can pick that up in many ways other than sex?

i was just dianosed today with this std. i know if i go home and tell my fiancee he will instantly accuse me of cheating even though i have never cheated and i know he has never cheated. is there any way to save my engagement? i mean we spend all of our time together except at work, but he thinks when i use to work nights that i cheated on him and he would use this as bait for another fight.

I think there is something def. wrong here. caz well web MD does say it is possible for you to catch it off a toilet seat! ITS not likely or common but it's possible. LOOK IT UP! I read all the post and well I’ve talked to many doctors about this issue and well I honestly don’t think its covered well in med school caz everyone gives me a different answer. My question is how often is it misdiagnosed?

see i was tested positive for Chlamydia as a 2 year old. i know its possible to get it from your mom. Idk if she had it or not. If she did is it possible to of had it for those years and not know? is it possible that my parent had it and i used their towel after the shower... and i did wipe the wrong way...... also i often had my hand in my pants at that age. so is it possible that maybe i was misdiagnosed... maybe it was a different type of bacterial infection  and we did have birds too......

idk just trying to look at all the options.... It really sucks growing up everyone else telling you that you where raped.... no one giving a dam to find out who what where when why or how..... when really i was always playing with myself and think i was misdiagnosed...... 

Doctors are Not god and they to make mistakes!