Hi Everyone.

I am new to this forumn but have been googling answers to try to help me with my decision to quit taking zoloft after two weeks.

Here is my story:

I was on Celexa for about a year and a half (20mg to 40mg for past 4 months).  About two weeks ago I went to my family practicioner for help because I am so depressed, tired, lethargic, negative, lazy feeling, overwhelmed...so much.  Anyhow, she put me on Zoloft 25 mg for 7 days and then switch to 50mg a day after that.  I started with the 25mg like she said.  I felt better, I thought, maybe?  Or maybe I was just hoping so bad to feel better that it was the hope.  Anyhow, I took 50mg after the 7th day and the next day I felt very anxious so then I decided to switch back to 25mg since I thought it was working.

With all that being said, I have decided to quit taking it because I feel like sh*t.  Straight up.  I sleep all day.  I don't get up, can't...don't want to be around anyone.  I'm having a hard time wanting to even be around my husband because I feel so pathetic.  I am already overweight and feel so bloated after taking this c**p for two weeks.  I certainly don't need to gain weight but even more than that, if it's not going to help and have other side effects then I don't think it's worth it.

I know this post is all over the place.  My history with anti-d's is so long.  I was on celexa for so long and when I tried to go off of that about a month ago, I thought I was going to die.  I felt like I was going to pass out while walking around doing things.  One night, I felt like I had absolutely no control over my thoughts.  So I am terrified of coming off of zoloft.  I also take ambien to sleep and am thinking of quitting that as well as I have read that ambien can cause depression too.

I just want someone to help me.  Someone to tell me that it will be ok.  Maybe someone on here can share their story and offer hope?  Is there any hollistic approaches to helping me with depression?  Should I quit taking this poison right now after two weeks before it gets worse?