Hi, I have been having allergies for a long time, related to various things, food, respiratory allergens (pollen), etc. Problem occurred when, two years ago I got strong suffocation manifested with strong wheezing, dyspnea, cyanosis, did not have a normal breathing. Doctor told me that it was an asthmatic attack, which frightened me a lot. Can you take dexamethasone for bronchial asthma (I was prescribed with that drug)?

Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid, with basic function of decreasing the level of inflammatory mediators in the asthma attack. Also, it has bronchi dilatation effect, it decreases the secretion caused by inflammation. It will surely help you but you should probably be aware of some side effects that will occur depending on the way of applying. If taken orally, some complications might happen.