Hello, my son has allergic asthma. This is all very hard for me because he is so small and we are talking about a severe condition. I am very worried for him! What often provokes his attacks is infection of upper respiratory pathways that often get more complicated with super infection (caused by some bacteria). I need to know if fluticasone (flixotide) is good for children with asthma?

Fluticasone is glucocorticoid that is most commonly applied in the form of aerosol. Its anti asthmatic effect is explained by its ability to inhibit metabolism of arachnoids acid. They remove inflammation effect of leukotriens and prostaglandins (mediators of inflammation); also deal with their bronchi constriction effect. I suppose that his doctor will give him Fluticasone if he finds him good for his health.