Hello, I would like to ask you something regarding my daughter’s health. She is 12 years old and she succumbs to allergies easily. She has allergic dermatitis and allergic rhinitis. For three years she also has bronchial asthma. She has been using all sorts of medicaments and she changes them too. What can she also use, Flovent or Pro Air?

These two medicaments are often used at the same time. They have approximately same functions, but the mechanisms of their functioning are different. Flovent is a corticosteroid, and beside the relaxation of bronchi, it acts anti-inflammatory, while the other medicament, Pro Air has only that other effect. I think they could be used at the same time for a better effect.

I use both... Flovent is more preventative, and I use it once in the morning and once in the evening.

Albuterol-based inhalers like Pro Air are more instant-acting, and I use them for emergencies or when I'm feeling short of breath.

Thanks...this helped me!