Hi, I’ve got anxiety problems lately and was prescribed Ativan. I need to know will I be completely uneabled to drive while being on therapy. What are practical experiences of Ativan treatment?

Ativan is in a class of drugs called benzodiazepines, which are used to treat anxiety, insomnia, and seizures. Still, they have many side effects. You must be very careful when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. You can feel drowsiness and dizziness, in which case avoid these activities. You shouldn’t take any alcohol while taking Ativan, because it can increase effects of the drug. Ativan, like other benzodiazepines may be habit forming. To avoid physical or psychological dependence, medication shouldn’t be stopped suddenly after prolonged or high-dose treatment. It’s better to gradually reduce the dose.

I take a 1/2 of 1mg ativan is that safe for me