I have been having problems to fall asleep probably because of the stressful days. I have been taking both Lunesta and benzodiazepines in order to sleep properly and I have to say that the effects are positive. Still, I do not know much of these drugs, so can you give me any info about cross tolerance between benzodiazepines and z drugs?

Lunesta belongs to a group of hypnotics. It helps us fall asleep by helping certain chemicals in the brain that cause sleep. As for benzodiazepines, its main function is depression of central nervous system. Also, some benzos are used to deal with anxiety, but not one that is caused by everydays stresses. Additionally, you should know that benzos might cause addiction if taken for a long time. As for interaction, I havent found any facts that would prove that.