Hello. Two weeks ago, I moved to a new apartment so I carried a lot of stuff. In one moment, I tried to pick a heavy box and felt enormous pain in the lower back. Since I felt a lot of pain, I went to see a doctor and was prescribed with diclophen and benzodiazepines. I would like to know can benzodiazepines relieve neuropathic pain?

Benzodiazepines are a big group of medications that ha s a large variety of effects. They induce sedation, sleep, they help people with anxiety, some ate used for creating analgesia (pain removing), relaxation of skeletal muscles, so they can be used for condition like yours and similar. Combination with diclophen will reduce your pain more effectively.

Benzos were added to my pain med regimine several years ago. I suffer from intractable nerve pain

(Bed ridden more than 50% of my time for 15+ years) I take extreme doses of narcotics along with an occipital nerve stimulator implant. On PYS THERAPY for  TOTl of about 8 years and countkless hours of a pain special ist head shinker. 

After my anxiety started getting vary apparant I had trie all the available benzos to find relief. Xanax was the winner. Stated at 1mg 4X aday then 2mg 3 times a day. Now 2mg 4 times a day with 1t 3 mg of Klonopin in the overnight hours. 

Many will say that is a recipe for death or plain crazy. but I do not drink ever or use illicit drugs. My Extremely high doses of special order rarely prescribed narcotics rerely even precribed to cancer patiens has been slowly weening down to a level now 50% less since the implementation of the benzos.

I can now leave the house. I play with my 5 year old boy. My marriage is better then its been in a decade. All this cause I can move again and feel I have   life to live for. GOD BLESS!!!