I have hives all over my body. It is disgusting. I can't sleep, and my feet and and hands are extremely swollen. The itching is killing me. Of course I went to see a doctor and I got prescribed loratadine. Can someone please tell me what side effects I can expect to get from loratadine?

A dry mouth, blurred vision and nausea. As far as I know, that's it. Any side effects that you can get from the loratadine will be much more pleasant than the urticaria, which is really horrible. I know, I get terrible urticaria a few times a year and I still have no idea what causes it. I hope you get better soon.

I think that it is great that there is such a thing as antihistamine! My husband got stung by a wasp and his face was swelling up like mad. He looked like quasimodo, and I had to take him to the ER. After getting loratadine, the swelling and allergic reaction went down almost straight away. It possibly saved his life.