Hi, guys. My friend got stung by a wasp and he has some symptoms. I suspect he may develop an allergy. I would like to know what first signs of wasp stings allergy are. Can anyone help me with this? I will appreciate all your help considering this. Thanks in advance.

Hello. On the place of wasp sting there is swelling, redness, itching or pain. However, these signs can even appear if you are not allergic. A person may have swallowing difficulties. Hives are present everywhere in the body. Nausea and abdominal cramps are also possible. Breathing difficulties are also another manifestation. A person feels weak due to sudden drop of blood pressure. You should take your friend to a doctor if you suspect on wasp stings allergy. Good luck!

Hello there rodolph1883,

Well like the poster above me has already mentioned, it is possible that your friend doesn’t have the wasp allergy only because the place of the sting is swollen. If there are some additional symptoms like cramping and difficulties with breathing than your friend probably is allergic and you will need to take him to the doctor.

If your friend has never done allergy test, then he should definitely do this. Where is one allergy usually you can find some more, and it is always better to be safe than sorry. Doctor can perform allergy test on blood samples and results are done in a few days. This way he will know for sure what he needs to avoid.

These were all good points. I am allergic to honey bees but not hornets or wasps. On occasion I have not been able to tell what stung me. Both are painful and swell. I can tell I am going into anaphylaxis when my feet start itching. That is my first sign. It might not be for everyone tho.