I have had anxiety disorder for as long as I can remember. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night worrying. Lately I have been getting these itchy red spot all over my feet, legs and some on my chest. Is it possible that they are hives? I'm wondering if this is stress related?

Some people do experience hives due to anxiety disorder. I advise you to go to your doctor to get those spots examined. Only then you will know if they are hives or not. So, I can not diagnose you like this but I can give you more information about hives. The main cause of them is urticaria. Hives are very uncomfortable to have and they are a sign that the whole body is experiencing a hypersensitivity reaction. Hives occur when the body's capillaries and tiny veins get leaky, fluid escaping from some of these blood vessels becomes trapped in parts of the skin and lining membranes of the body. This is causing localized swelling. Hives are not contagious, but the triggers of them are, especially viruses, bacteria and parasites. Hives can be diagnosed based on the history and physical examination. They are usually treated with an antihistamine, such as Benadryl or the prescription Atarax. If drowsiness is a problem, then non-sedating antihistamines may be a better choice.