I have arthritis, and at the moment it is something that I am coping with quite well. But the pain and muscle stiffness are getting noticeably worse all the time, and I think that I might need to make use of muscle relaxers with time. I want to know everything I should about muscle relaxers before I start on them. What are the side effects?

Are you sure that it is a good idea to read up about side effects like that? When you see that "anaphylactic shock" is listed as a side effects of your muscle relaxers, you might be frightened about taking them, but just because every very rare side effects has to be listed in the package insert of your muscle relaxers, it does not mean that you will end up with that side effect. I think that muscle relaxers are most likely to make you feel a bit tired for a while, or give you a bit of a headache. But yes, there are some rare side effects. My policy tends to be to steer clear of reading about the side effects of a drug when I know I really need it. There is no point in freaking yourself out, is there?