My friend goes to the gym. This is ok to me, but he has started using some muscle supplements. He says that he cannot build up muscles as fast as he would like to. I think that he exaggerates. What are the side effects of these muscle supplements? I would like to help him with an advice.

Hi Gregory,

Side effects include an empty wallet and disappointment.  All these extra supplements are ridiculously expensive and quite unnecessary. People dish out the money on supplements and have unrealistic expectations of the results. Most people expect it to work like a magic potion that offers immediate results.  This simply isn't true. Furthermore, some supplements boasts results that have no foundation based on research, meaning their claims are completely false. The best thing you, or your friend, can do to build muscle is eat right an work hard! 

Hope this helps,

cheers!

This is very very useful!
Thank you, have a great day!