Hi people! I have a question for you all! I am 49 and I have been diagnosed with hypertension, and quite bad as well. I only got the diagnosis recently. I have been on several drugs, like diuretics but it does not seem to help enough. Other measures will have to be taken now as it won't do me any good in long run. Now I have heard of this drug called zestril and I talked to my GP about it. It might be the thing we are going to try next. I am wondering what this drug does and if there will be significant side effects?

Of course there are side effects. I hope that you will have none of course, but zestril can make you feel tired and drowsy and can affect your muscle tone for a bit. You can also feel nauseous and have an upset stomach. I am sure there are others that I have not even thought of.