Do any folks here on the forum take sotalol hydrochloride? I am interested in the side effects of this drug. I might be needing medication for hypertension and sotalol hydrochloride is one of the medications that my doctor talked about. If you could be of some help, I would be more than grateful. The thought of having to be on sotalol hydrochloride for the rest of my life freaks me out a little, admittedly.

chronic stuffy nose is one of the side effects of sotalol ive been on it for 5 years now

Have been on sotalol for 2 yrs. Shortly after increasing dosage from 160 to 240 about 4 months ago I began having muscle and joint aches in my shoulders and arms. Has got to the point of inability to raise arms above shoulders with out pain. Went off sotalol 3 days ago(under supervision) More mobility and less pain already. Told doctor I would rather live with Afib than pain