Are there any people with experience of tegretol, especially for PTSD? Life with PTSD is not easy, and I am starting to think that I would be much better off with the help of medication. My counsellor and I have talked about it, and she mentioned tegretol. Does anyone know what the side effects are?

Hi! I am sorry you are having a hard time with PTSD. Some people say that tegretol does not have any side effects for them, so you should not go into thinking you will necessarily have any side effects. Some of the more common side effects are drowsiness, fatigue and motor control issues. That does not mean you will get any of those though.

If you are worried about side effects, then I think Oxcarbazepine is a much better option for you. I have taken Oxcarbazepine for a year now and have nearly no side effects at all, and besides that, is very effective! Perhaps you could look into taking this drug instead. Good luck with everything.