Hello. I'm 28 year old mother and I'm very worried about my little son’s health. You see, he’s only 9 years old and just recently he has developed some breathing difficulties. We were sure that it isn’t anything serious and that it is probably some kind of allergy but when we took him to his doctor, he determined that he suffers from mild form of asthma. We were devastated when we found out about this and my husband decided to start with some very good anti-asthmatic drug. A doctor recommended him some Singulair drug but I have heard that these drugs have many side effects. Are there any discussion boards about Singulair?

I'm an asthmatic for almost all my life and I thing I can help you about your problem. You see, I have read and participated in thousand of discussion boards about these drugs and I can tell you some facts.
I have used many of drugs for my asthma such as Cromolyn and Azmacort, and believe me- they were causing a lot of side effects such as intestinal upset, heartburn, dizziness, headaches and sometimes I wondered it is really better to use them or not.
When Singulair showed on the market- a new era of treating asthma has begun. Singulair is used in conjunction with other asthma medications to reduce the number of acute asthma attacks when taken regularly. Singulair is a leukotriene antagonist which means that it blocks leukotrienes in the body- substances responsible for breathing passages constriction. One more thing you should know- it came in form of pills not inhalators.