For three years, my son has bee dealing with asthma. As if not enough, he is also allergic to breathing allergens, less to those from food. When the spring comes he usually takes anti histamine drugs, such as Allegra. Last time we went to the doctor, he prolonged the aerosol therapy and also recommended some new drug, Singulair. Singulair or Allegra, which is better for my son?

These two drugs, even though they have similar effects, good for allergic symptoms, their mechanism is completely different. Allerga is anti histamine drug that blocks histamine receptors, while Singulair prevents the production of inflammation mediators (especially leukotriens). Singulair has good effects for both asthma and allergy symptoms, so it could be better fore your son.

My son takes both allegra and singular for his allergies as prescribed by his allergist. They both do different things, and it has been working for him for over a year.