Hello. I'm 35 year old I would like to find out some information about my son’s treatment options. You see, few years ago, when he was only 7 yrs old; he was diagnosed with some mild form of asthma.
He doesn’t have frequent asthma attacks but it has happened a couple of times and I'm afraid he could suffocate.
All this time we are using this Aminophiline drug to spread his air ways during the attack. The thing is that this drug doesn’t cure the asthma but the consequences. Just recently I have heard some great stuff about one new drug on the market called Xolair and I would like to hear more about it!

Hello. My sister is using this drug you’ve mentioned and I've asked her a couple of questions about it. She told me that the main problem with asthma is some immunoglobulin E. Xolair is the first humanized therapeutic antibody for the treatment of asthma and the first approved therapy designed to target the antibody IgE.
She is using this drug for several months now and she didn’t have single attack. She was been told before use that Xolair has been shown to decrease the incidence of asthma exacerbations.
But, unlike Aminophiline, Xolair has not been shown to relieve asthma attacks acutely and should not be used for the treatment of acute bronchospasm.

Xolair differs from other antiasthmatics and is indicated in treatment of exactly allergic asthma. It is not used in children younger than 12. It reduces hypersensitivity in allergic persons and that way reduces number of attacks. Xolair is monoclonal therapeutic antibody that binds to IgE and blocks it. It is approved by fda 3 years ago, for treatment of moderate to severe asthma in patients that had positive allergy test on perennial aeroallergen. It is administered as injection. Xolair is used along with corticosteroids and decreases number and severity of asthma attacks. Hope that helped.