Hi, I had spotting about two days before my period started so I took a home pregnancy test and it came back negative. Im on the pill, but I just wanted to be sure. I then had my normal period, but its like it hasnt stopped. The heavy/normal bleeding stopped on time, but I'm still spotting very lightly. What could be going on?

How long have you been on the pill? Do you take any other medication? Spotting can be caused by number of things, from medications that interfere with birth control pills to birth control pills themselves. Common causes for spotting between two periods are infections like Chlamydia or vaginitis, or polycystic ovaries syndrome. PCOS and birth control pills, or some other more subtle change in levels of your hormones are probably the behind this because spotting was closely tied to your period. Infections would cause spotting or even light bleeding anywhere between two periods. It all depends on how long will it last or will it happen again the next month.