Hello! I am so confused with one thing. I stopped using birth control pills, and my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex just a couple of days after. I always thought that women do not ovulate until at least 10 days after stopping birth control pills, so I was somehow on the safe side. The thing is that I haven’t got my period yet but I do have some spotting. I have no idea what could this be..begining of my period or beginning of my pregnancy?

Hi there! Both of these options are quite possible. Hormones have different impact on every woman! After stopping with birth control pills, every woman should consider herself fertile and should use other forms of protection. It is not unusual for a woman to miss a period or two after stopping pills. On the other hand, you could have ovulated and became pregnant in the first cycle after stopping birth control pills. I think it would be best you did some pregnancy test, or even visited a doctor, so that you can act in whatever way is best for you. Good luck!!!

i waited a week after my period finished to start my new packet.had unprotected sex one day i started the new packet and spotted a week later then it went can i be pregnant

I am 32 I stopped taking the pill 2 weeks ago when I was diagnosed with pulmonary Embolisms (blood clots) in my lungs. The Dr's figure that birth control pills are to blame... Scary! I have been on them for 17 years, stopping once for a year. It has only been 2 weeks and my emotions are off the freaking wall! I'm guessing that it is from going off the pill, I sure hope this does not last for long. I am also noticing lots of discharge, it feels like I just wet myself... mostly milky/clear watery disharge?? Any suggestions..is this normal? if so how long will I be blessed with all this??
SOS

I started to spot bleed a week before I was supposed to start my period. It's been 10 days and still no period. I have been on the pill for almost a year. What is wrong with me?

I have been on birth control for one year and have decided to stop because it has made my periods very irregular. I used to have my period every 28 days for 3-5 days with maybe 1 heavy day. With the pill I spot between periods and currently am going on day 9 of this period and the 3rd day of heavy bleeding. I thought birth control was supposed to help make periods easier. I can't go back to the doctor right now because I am poor and don't have health insurance, (and am getting a lot of dental work done.) I just want to know if this is reason for concern. Thanks.

stopping and/or starting the pill can cause put your cycle out of whack...it may lead to uncharacteristic periods etc....Just wait it out a month or so and then your body will be clear of the pills and be able to get back on a natural cycle.

i am 43 and just stopped using the pill after 12 years. Me emotions are up and down. How long will this last. I have not had any spotiing or discharge.

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

SOS

I am 28 been on the pill for 12 years no breaks. I have been an emotional wreck since getting off pill 40 days ago. Finally got a period (I think) have had the very strange discharge as well. Tender breasts, turned on, and crying at car commercials. We are waiting a year to try and concieve, I am going to try and learn when i am ovulationg and what my "regular" cycle will be in that time. It is very strange to not be tied to that little pill every night.

i stopped taking BCP on sept.9 have sex with my husband sept 14.,having symptoms of pregnancy like nausea,gaining weight ,swollen legs for 1 day.then dizziness .had serum preg test sept 28,negative.HAD bleedingfor 3 days only started sept 29.HPT OCT 9,NEGATIVE.what are all these,signs of hormonal imbalance?it drives me nuts,i thought im pregnant.please help

Hi, I am 40 years old. I went off the pill last year. I have gained twenty pounds since then and lost a lot of hair as well, in clumps! I started using a hair product line (shampoo that unblocks follicles, a spray that counteracts "bad estrogens" that come with aging, and a spray that is supposed to decrease loss of hair) called Regenetresse. This does seem to have helped the hair loss for the most part, but the weight gain is still an issue so I have recently begun to take Raw Thyroid, Tyrosine and just started using a natural USP Progesterone cream in hopes that if it is related to my age that the weight, which feels mostly like water retentions, will begin to come off. Has anyone had a similar experience with weight gain and hair loss due to age and/or discontinuing birth control pills?

Hi, I’ve been on the pill for 15 years and only just stopped taking it about 3 weeks ago. What I’ve found out since is amazing!
1, The pill works by stopping you from releasing an egg each month (ovulating).
2. When you come off the pill your body needs time to get back into its natural rhythm (from what I’ve read this can take anywhere between 1 month to 1 year). During this time you may experience mood fluctuations, cramps, bloating, etc but this is normal while your body is readjusting (of course always consult a doctor if you’re not sure).
3. You should wait at least 3 months (personally I would wait at least 6) before trying for a baby (using other methods of contraception) while your body readjusts to the following: your own hormones need time to get back into sink; your ovaries need to work again to release the egg; and the lining of your uterus needs to rebuild to be suitable to hold a baby.
4. During this time you should keep active - go walking, swimming, yoga etc.
5. The following info has been invaluable to me as a women and I can’t believe I’ve waited until now to explore this!... There is a natural method of birth control where you can track when you’re ovulating (and most likely to get pregnant). During the time of ovulation (which is about 7 days to be safe) you can use another method of contraception (such as a condom) or refrain from sex until your not ovulating. This only requires tracking morning temperature and cervical fluid. When you track these things you learn about your body. You can also use this method if you are trying to get pregnant (you just reverse it) and you learn about your body and health too!
I wanted to share this information with everybody because since looking at websites such as these I have found that many people do not know about this method (just as I didn’t)! Here’s some websites that I’ve found really useful.

One last piece of information that I just found out…Before synthetic lighting and contraceptive hormones women used to have their periods on the full moon!!

I hope this helps? and I hope it’s not too much? Aloha, Zoe

**edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed**

I have been on the pill for 13 years. I stopped taking the pill in April 2007. Me and my husband feel that we are ready to make a bigger family now. When I got off the pill in April, I started my cycle the next month like I was supposed to. Then I went 2 months, then had a menstral cycle. Then I went 4 1/2 months till my next one. I am currently on my cycle now finally and I have been on it for almost 2 weeks. How am I ever going to get pregnant if I can't tell when I am ovulating? Or I'm I ovulating?

I have just started taking pills , I am on day 14th of my period and the pills, if I stop the pills right now , for sure I will see my period and it will change my cycle right? I am going on a trip in 10 days and I don't want to be on my cycle or have some spouting.

Thanks!

I stopped the pill after 8 years, I was a mess.. I lost alot of hair...Im having to do a comb over like old men..Im getting periods three times a month and always spotting..Its been six month and Im worried I might be bald.. Im in and out of the doctor having everything checked...why cant I get a straight answer from any healthcare worker. Im 41, is it downhill from now? after all...I have menapause to look forward to..lucky me