I am 34 years old and I have to say that so far I never had any serious health issues. And I hope that things will remain like that. The problem is with my parent, the age is slowly getting them and there is not much that can be done. But I would like to know what can be done in order to improve their quality of life; I am thinking about food supplement, hormonal therapies, why not, even stem cell research. I don’t think that old age should be difficult.

There are many products today that are trying to compensate for the old people bodies’ inability to deal with the decades that passed behind them. Hormonal therapies (growth hormone) is one such way, which helps in revitalizing the body (secretion of this hormone is greatly reduced in old people). As for the stem cell research, its functionality is based on the fact that stem cells might grow into any kind of cells our body needs. Of course there is an ethical problem, because those cells for now, can be extracted only from embryos.