Hi everybody,

I’ve been suffering from scleroderma for more than three years now and as the disease progressed my current treatment (Cyclophosimide transfusion) seems completely unable to stop scleroderma to progress further to my lungs. So, ever since I got my diagnosis I’ve been searching online for possible treatments and one that came up is stem cell transplant that they seem to do in Singapore. The name that pops up most often when researching this topic is dr Loh Su Ming Yvonne – she is the one doing the stem cell transplants. I’m sure the whole thing could be too expensive, especially if she doesn’t operate in US, but still, if anyone went through stem cell transplant, could you please tell me did it help or not?

Steph

Dear Steph,

Dr Yvonne had done a number of transplants for multiple sclerosis patients in Singapore. She is very well known transplant physician in Singapore. She did transplant not only for MS patients but also blood cancer, lupus, and amyloid patients. Many of her patients can get back to normal life after the transplant. If the cost for tranplant in Singapore is cheaper than USA, perhaps you can consider

JENN

Hi I'm part of a group on Facebook called hsct. George goss had hsct for ms and runs the group really professionally, is very knowledgeable and knows of other facilities around the world that do it for cheaper. The people in the group are very helpful. All my best.