I am Dr.Jain , suffering from Chronic Renal Failure . I wanted to ask can stem cell therapies for Kidney prevent one from dialysis ? If yes then how good is the life after therapy and do we have any successful results for Kidney stem cell therapies.

Thanks,

Dr.U.C.JAIN

Hello njain,

You're interested in stem cell therapyf or kidney treatment.  Stem cell therapy for kidney treatment is still in the making.  Maybe within a couple years there will be a artificial kidney available that is implantable that contains stem cells.  Researchers are still working on it.  But as soon as it is available I believe the FDA has paved the way to make it available to the public at that time.  What you might do is to check clinical trials.gov (FDA site) and see if there are any clinical trials available now or if there will be in the near future.  You can sign up for a clinical trial on that website.  The site lists all clinical trials in the US.